Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lotus Temple



I didn't do many touristy things in Delhi because its just too chaotic for me. All I wanted to do is hang out with my couchsurfing friends and sleep. I think I came across a wee bit of travel burnout. But now I'm charged and ready for the next adventure.
Check out this beautiful temple, built by the Baha'i Faith- which believes in 'the oneness of mankind, oneness of God and oneness of religion' through peace and harmony.

LEFT: ceiling inside

A gorgeous structure and it kind of reminded me of the Opera House in Sydney, but with a holy, Indian-flower style twist!

RIGHT: approx. 10 000 people visit the Lotus Temple a day and its hard to keep people in a queue!

Beyond the hoards of people there are gorgeous gardens and lawns. I brought my own yummy lunch of vegetable sabji and parathas and enjoyed a quiet picnic with some fellow blossoms that made me smile!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hey Michelle, just caught up on your travels! Looks like such a great adventure...makes me miss India and the yummy food. Wish I had seen more while I was there. I will have to go back one day! You'll have to tell me where to go! Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

vegetable sabji and parathas
- I just finished breakfast And after reading the above I am hungry again specially when lawns/gardens And greenery all around is present.
Thanks for sharing.