Monday, July 9, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!




Hey guys, thanks for all the birthday wishes. It was nice to wake up to read tons of emails from everyone and it helped me feel connected to everyone back home. For my birthday I hiked a gorgeous waterfall on the island of Ometepe, Nicragua. I also woke up to a cute card made by my Irish friend Sharon. She collected things from around our hostal and created a very crafty little message. I then had a delicious breakfast of gallo pinto, my favourite dish in Nicaragua. After brunch we hitched a ride from some friendly locals in the back of a pickup truck all the way to the San Ramon Waterfall. It was a peaceful, misty walk complete with more butterflies than I could have ever imagined to exist in one rainforest. There were clouds of them!

Sharon and I travelled off the island later that day and went to celebrate my big day in a tiny beach town called San Juan del Sur. I had a fantastic, fresh fish dinner and a couple of Tonas (the local brew). A perfect birthday!

I am now in beautiful Monteverde, Costa Rica where there are more shades of green than I can comprehend! Stories and pictures to follow in a day or so. Hasta luego!

No comments: